Friday, September 6, 2013

Baking Cake!



So I was baking a cake yesterday and I decided to share the recipe with you guys!
Here goes:
2 Eggs
300 g Sugar
75 g Margarine
1 tsp. Soda
1 tsp. Baking soda
1 tsp. Vanilla sugar
2 dl Milk
300 g Flour

The thing is after I started mixing the ingredients I figured out I don’t really follow the recipe.
I do butter instead of margarine because I never have margarine? I don’t do regular soda at all – I always feel like I can taste it.. Yucky!. Then I use yogurt instead of milk – I never have milk in the house because I don’t drink it (more on that later).
So I guess the real recipe looks like this:

2 Eggs
300 g Sugar
75 g Butter
1 tsp. Baking soda
1 tsp. Vanilla sugar
2 dl Yogurt
300 g Flour
You can make it as a chocolate cake too, just add 1 dl of Cocoa powder.

Start with setting the oven at 180°C (356° F) and then mix the eggs and sugar, then you add the butter (easier if room temperature or melted) and mix, then add the baking soda, vanilla sugar and yogurt and mix well, lastly add the flour little by little and stir well.
Butter the cake forms well before putting the batter in so they will slip easily. And then just keep an eye on them. When you put a toothpick in the cake there shouldn't stick anything to it.  

This batch is enough to bake both the cakes on the pictures so it will be a good size cake!
Try it and tell me what you think :)

P.S. We probably should have been eating this, right? ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment

icon_facebook icon_google icon_instagram icon_linkedin icon_pinterest icon_rss icon_twitter YouTube