Sunday, September 15, 2013

Water


I Have made myself a goal to drink more water! I'm really bad a drinking any kind of fluid during the day. On a good day I drink 1 L, and the normal recommendations are 2 L, so that means I have to double up my intake of water. Which is really hard when you never really feel thirst and when you are busy, you just forget sometimes. Most days I come home from work, and realize the only fluid I have been drinking is my one cup of tea in the morning.

The reason I'm so focused on drinking enough fluid is because it's so important for our bodies. The body consists of up to 60% water, that's more than half! You loose some of that 60% every time you breathe, go to the bathroom, sweat etc. And if you don't replenish it, you will get dehydrated which means,  you can get sick more often, get obstipated, feel tired, get headaches more often and a lot more! So of course it's important to drink enough water, it's the most important basic need after breathing!

Now how do we start drinking more water? Because we all know it's easy to say that now I'm going to drink more water. But it's hard to actually do so. What I do is I take a container that I know can hold a certain amount of water, for instance a water bottle that can contain 0,5 L and then my goal is to drink 4 of those a day. It's much easier to drink more when you have a specific goal.

So now I'm going to go back to my 1,75 L of water I still need to drink today, it's almost as hard as having a second job, haha…
Have a great Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

icon_facebook icon_google icon_instagram icon_linkedin icon_pinterest icon_rss icon_twitter YouTube