Thursday, September 19, 2013

Why I don't drink Milk?


I mentioned in a earlier post that I don't drink milk, and some have probably been wondering why??
The first thing that most people think is that I'm lactose intolerant, but I'm not, not that I know of anyway.
The reason is that I break out so bad when I drink milk, I get acne!

So approximately 3 years ago I started getting acne, at the age of 20 years old, I never really had it before, I had a zit here and there but never anything special, never anything that had any significance for me. But then I hit 20 and started having cystic acne (The kind that is under the skin and REALLY hurts!), so I went to the doctor because I didn't know what else to do, it was really bad I had it basically in my whole face. The doctor immediately gave me antibiotics and when I started taking them it really helped, is was gone, only the scars was left. The cure was for 3 months and after that I stopped, the problem was it came back, full tilt. Like I was never on the antibiotic cure.

So when that didn't work I tired all kinds of creams, lotions, everything that you can try.
One day I was watching videos on Youtube, and I saw a video about this guy who said something about he found out his breakouts came from milk, so he stopped drinking it. Then I thought, I can try that, it won't hurt me so let's give it a go. I didn't drink milk for a month and I could see a significant change, I couldn't believe it, so I started drinking milk again and it came back. When I told the doctor he didn't believe me -  He didn't straight out tell me I was lying, but he didn't believe me - but I completely stopped after that.

Now my skin has gotten soooo much better, I don't have acne, but I still get pimples. I've thought about stopping with dairy all together, so I'm giving that a try now, let's see if it will get even better. I'll give you an update on that later.

So I have no guarantee for that this works, or that is the reason to acne, but you can always give it a try.
Have  a great Thursday


No comments:

Post a Comment

icon_facebook icon_google icon_instagram icon_linkedin icon_pinterest icon_rss icon_twitter YouTube